XIO: fatal IO error 54
Robert Hartwig
2003-07-22 20:07:52 UTC

I'm having an issues using a port X application with SFU 3
on Windows 2000. It looks like the local X application
using the SFU 3 X libraries always wants to make a winsock
connection to the X server (i.e. Hummingbird's Exceed).
Is there a way to make a "local" connection with SFU
without going though the network?

I having a complex network and my network connection get
disconnected sometimes. When I have network issues, I get
the following error from SFU:

XIO: fatal IO error 54 (Connection reset by peer) on
Xserver "<pcname:0.0>" after 43 requests (37 known
processed) with 0 events remaining.

When using Hummingbirds X libraries, it creates a pipe
using share memory and connects directly to the Xserver
and bypass the network altogther.

Thanks,

Rob
Rodney Ruddock
2003-07-22 21:01:29 UTC
The X11 libs with Interix go only over the network (even
if it is a loopback). There was some discussion about
doing a shared memory thing that would allow an X server
connection to remain local. But the discussion didn't go
anywhere with various parties.

FWIW I get the same problem occationally.

- Rodney
.